The newest Defender of the White Hart is Ru Cavorst.
Rapier fighters entering the Defender of the White Hart tournament will first be presented to the current Lord and Lady of the White Hart, whereupon they will state their intention to vie for the title of Defender, and will make their claim as to why they are worthy to do so. Rapier fighters are encouraged to give mindful consideration to pageantry as part of their presentation.
Following the presentation of the rapier fighters to the Lord and Lady, a double elimination tournament will then commence. Each bout will be to the best of three, with double kills being re-fought only once, after which dead is dead. Weapon forms are at the discretion of the rapier fighters and do not need to be changed. The finals will consist of the two finalists, as well as one additional fencer whom the Lord and Lady White Hart will resurrect; a rapier fighter who displayed character, honor, chivalry, pageantry, and courtesy throughout the day. The finals will be a round robin of 3 passes between each combatant. One point shall be awarded for every win, and the fencer with the most points in the final wins the tournament (double kills are not refought and are considered a loss for each rapier fighter). In the finals, the Lord and Lady White Hart will determine what weapons form each rapier fighter shall use.
The winner of the tournament shall be named as the 8th Defender of the White Hart and shall be regaled accordingly.
- Don Orlando di Bene del Vinta, 7th Defender of the White Hart
Lineage of the Defender of the White Hart
1. Don Corwyn Montgomery A.S. XLI to A.S. XLII serving with the eleventh Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Lord Bors of Rouen and Lady Amelia of Shields
2. Lord Clewin Kupferhelbelinc A.S. XLII to XLIII serving with the twelfth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, THL Alric of the Mists and Lady Kathrine Vivan
3. Lord Terrance Merritt McKlay A.S. XLIII to XLIV serving with the thirteenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Sir Cellach macChormach and Lady Vukasin of Lozengia
4. Herr Joseph Kildonan A.S. XLIV to A.S. XLV serving with the fourteenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Lord Eougan Cu and Lady Soarcha
5. Lord Richart Parion A.S. XLV to A.S. XLVIserving with the fifteenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, THLord Vladimir Mechnik and Lady Tommasa Isolana
6. Dona Emily of Dunvagen A.S. XLVI to A.S. XLVII serving with the sixteenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Lord Marek Severian Vitsdrag and Lady Sybilla Detwyller
7. Don William Parris A.S. XLVII to A.S. XLVIII serving with the seventeenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Lord Olafr Stenbrjoter and Lady McKenna Henderson
8. The Honorable Lord Orlando di Bene del Vinta A.S. XLVIII to present serving with the eighteenth Lord and Lady of the White Hart, Lord Marcus du Coeur and Lady Luci della Lupi
Prior to the title Defender of the White Hart the following won the rapier tournament held at White Hart
2002: Parion the Predator
2003: Don Donnan MacDubhshidthe
2004: Don Donnan MacDubhshidthe
2005: Dona Sasha Grey
2006: Lord Clewin Kupferhelbelinc